Osmotic Laser Drilling Machine with NIR Inspection for Controlled Release Tablets
An industry first, this machine offers fully integrated NIR technology alongside tablet drilling and inspection. The VIP Laser + NIR is a single lane osmotic laser drilling machine with output rates of up to 60,000 tablets per hour. It can drill one or more apertures on single or bi-layer tablets of any shape or size –– customized to meet your exact production specifications. Ackley’s advanced Near-Infrared Inspection provides verification that the enteric coating is intact prior to precision laser drilling and vision inspection – all in one machine.
Features & Benefits
- Tablets, capsules and softgels of any shape and size
- Laser Drilling
- Optional Vision Inspection
- Ships with a HEPA fume extractor
- FDA & CE Compliant
- Output rate up to 60,000 / hour
This ground-breaking new laser drilling machine uses near-infrared technology to test the integrity of the coating before advancing the tablet to the laser drilling stations. If the NIR sensors verify the enteric coating is present, a laser will drill a hole on the drug side layer of the tablet. Then the drilled hole will be inspected for diameter and position before discharging it from the machine.
Our VIP machines feature servo-drive motors with optical encoder feedback, providing an operator friendly interface for product set-up and precise logo registration.
Touch-screen display for operating conditions, setup, maintenance, fault status check and product selection make for a positive user experience.
Built to Last with Easy-to-Swap Change Parts
As your needs grow and change our VIP Platform adapts with change parts and carrier links that are easy to replace.
Worldwide Customer Support
Ackley provides first-rate service and customer support for clients across the globe.
- Single or bi-layer products
- Any shape or size
- Drills one or multiple apertures
- Etching and engraving
- Pixel Precision
- Tablets, capsules, softgels
Ackley’s patented single product rejection and vision inspection is available for all VIP machines.
- Patented single product failsafe rejection with confirmation
- Up to 60,000 tablets / hour
- Detects defects in aperture location and size
- All laser drilling and marking machines ship with a HEPA filtration fume extraction system
We adhere to or surpass the strictest regulations set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their approach to Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations.
- FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant
- cGMP Design
- OPC-UA Data Compliant
- Class 1 Laser System: FDA 21 CFR Part 1040
- CE Compliant
- Validation Package Available