Two-sided Laser Drilling Machine for Controlled-Release Tablets
High output precision CO2 laser machine designed to drill apertures in the outer coating of modified-release pharmaceutical products. Bulk product is fed into the hopper at the top of the machine, where each product is singulated and gravity-fed into drum carrier pockets for precise positioning. The continuous motion, multi-lane servo-driven drum feed system exposes both sides of product for inspection and laser processing.
Drills up to four apertures on one or both sides of pharmaceutical tablets and prioritizes operator safety, user friendly operation and reliable performance. Provides effortless continuous operation and accurate, repeatable results with minimal user interaction or downtime. The Servo Drum platform is portable with a small footprint, low maintenance cost, and is designed for quick and easy product changeover in just 30 minutes.
Pharmaceutical Drum Laser Drill with Vision Inspection Video
- Multi-Lane Pocket Drum Feed
- Safety enclosure with interlocked doors & enclosed beam path
- Servo based motion with optical encoder position feedback
- Feed and Laser Drums with precision machined pockets.
- Removable hopper assembly for quick & easy changeover between products
- Articulated swing arm with 17” touch-screen HMI
- User friendly Operator Control Interface
- Programmable settings for up to 50 products
- Portable with a small footprint
- Low maintenance cost
- Tower light with buzzer
- Fume extraction unit & toolkit included
- Single sided laser marking (also referred to as laser writing, laser printing or laser etching)
- Output Up to 150,000 / Hour
- Single or Double Sided Laser Drilling.
- Adjustable aperature:
– Diameter – 0.400 to1.500mm
– Depth – 0.30 to 1.50mm
- Drill up to 4 apertures per side with adjustable spacing
- Color recognition system
- Can also be used for tablet or capsule laser marking
- Vision inspection with vacuum-based single product rejection
- OPC-UA Server Gateway
- HMI screen text translated and displayed in language of choice
- Secure remote support capabilities
- User Authentication and Time Synchronization
- Auto-backup of product settings
For more information, including specifications and drawings, download the sales sheet PDF.
Safety & Regulatory Compliance
We adhere to or surpass the strictest regulations set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their approach to Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations.
- cGMP for Pharmaceuticals:
- FDA 21 CFR Compliance:
• Part 210
• Part 211
• Part 11
• Part 1040: Class 1 Laser System
- CE Compliant
- NFPA 79
- IEC 60825-1
- IEC / EN 60204-1
- ISO 13849-1
- CRC, c 870
- CDRH Compliant