Two-Sided Rotogravure Printing for Tablets and Capsules
High output precision rotogravure product marking system designed to print logos onto the outer coating of pharmaceutical and confectionery products for identification, counterfeit protection, and brand recognition. Bulk product is fed into the hopper at the top of the machine, where each product is singulated and gravity-fed into drum carrier pockets for precise positioning. The continuous motion, multi-lane servo-driven drum feed system exposes both sides of product for inspection and printing.
Using a multi-axis motion controller, product is transferred from oversize pockets in the feed drum, to very confining pockets in the print drum, ensuring a high rate of product pick-up, excellent print registration, and a maximum print surface for larger logos with perfect print quality.
The Servo Drum Printer platform is portable with a small footprint, low maintenance cost, and is designed for quick and easy product changeover.
- Multi-Lane Pocket Drum Feed
- Safety enclosure with interlocked doors & enclosed beam path
- Servo based motion with optical encoder position feedback
- Feed and Laser Drums with precision machined pockets.
- Removable hopper assembly for quick & easy changeover between products
- Articulated swing arm with 17” touch-screen HMI
- User friendly Operator Control Interface
- Programmable settings for up to 50 products
- Portable with a small footprint
- Low maintenance cost
- Tower light with buzzer
- Fume extraction unit & toolkit included
- Output Up to 150,000 / Hour
- Single or Double Sided Printing with independent graphics for each side
- Ability to print alpha-numeric text or graphic logos
- Ability to print with solvent or water based ink solutions
- Vision inspection with vacuum-based single product rejection
- OPC-UA Server Gateway
- HMI screen text translated and displayed in language of choice
- Secure remote support capabilities
- User Authentication and Time Synchronization
- Auto-backup of product settings
For more information, including specifications and drawings, download the sales sheet PDF.
Safety & Regulatory Compliance
We adhere to or surpass the strictest regulations set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and their approach to Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations.
- cGMP for Pharmaceuticals:
- FDA 21 CFR Compliance:
• Part 210
• Part 211
• Part 11
• Part 1040: Class 1 Laser System
- CE Compliant
- NFPA 79
- IEC 60825-1
- IEC / EN 60204-1
- ISO 13849-1
- CRC, c 870
- CDRH Compliant